波特蘭臺灣鄉友會獎學金基金會 Portland Taiwan Friendship Association Scholarship Fund
Mission and Vision
The Scholarship Fund of Portland Taiwan Friendship Association (TFA), a nonprofit organization founded in 2018, is dedicated to helping individuals in financial need through a scholarship program, who are pursuing higher education.
The Fund sees higher education as a catalyst, an agent of change for individuals, families, and communities. We aim to acknowledge achievement, encourage community connection, and highlight the value of education.
TFA is offering two scholarships for the year of 2019:
1) Taiwan Friendship Association Scholarship 2) Compass Oncology Scholarship.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2019 The scholarship awards range from $200 to $1000 each and is based on available funds. The candidates awarded the scholarship will be notified via email by May 25th, 2019. The scholarship will be presented at the TFA Dragon Boat Picnic event on June 8th, 2019.
Taiwan Friendship Association Scholarship
1) High school graduate with 4-year weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
2) Accepted and committed to a college or university.
Compass Oncology Scholarship
1) This scholarship is for high school seniors who have been accepted and committed to The Johns
Hopkins University and preferably with the plan to pursue a future career in medicine. If no student is attending The Johns Hopkins University, the scholarship will be awarded to---
2) Two selected students who accepted and committed to one of the top 30 schools based on
2018-2019 US News and World Report National University Rankings, preferably to pursue a future career in medicine.
● All applicants need to complete Page 1 through 4 of the application.
● The application is available on the website: www.tfa-portland.org.
● The application and attachments must be submitted in hard copy format.
● Essay response can be typed and attached to the rest of the application.
● The applicant must be present on June 8th at the Dragon Boat Festival Picnic Event to receive the scholarship.
For questions, please email Subject: 2019 TFA Scholarship
THE APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY Wednesday, May 15, 2019 TO:
TFA Scholarship Fund
1991 Country Club Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
*Applications received after on May 15, 2019 will not be accepted*
*All decisions of the TFA Scholarship Fund are final*